Monday, June 18, 2012

Memories... 2.5 years.


It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything. Scott and I are still going strong. We just went to Italy together a few weeks ago. I’m missing him a lot, but we had a great time. I just wanted to post today because I’ve compiled a series of moments or events that remain crystal clear in my memory from our relationship; moments that really define us.

The first time I heard his voice… We finally got the courage to talk on Skype. We both got online and procrastinated actually calling by sending messages back and forth. After several minutes of teasing each other he finally calls. I answered with a breathy “hello” and received back a soft “hi there”. Even though I knew he was going to have an accent, it still threw me off a bit. I could hardly understand him, but it sure sounded good. I don’t remember what we talked about after the initial greeting, but I remember giggling and asking him to repeat a lot. I also remember him commenting on my “cute American accent”.

The first time I saw him… We met for the first time in the Salt Lake Airport. We were going to fly to California together. I was waiting at the gate for him to come over from his flight in from England. I was standing at the bottom of a set of stairs watching for his familiar face. My hands were sweating and my knees were shaking. I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. When I saw him walking down the stairs my mind went completely blank. I didn’t know if I should walk to him or stay where I was. Eventually he was standing in front of me and my mind caught up and I threw my arms around him.

The first time we said goodbye… Saying goodbye for the first time was 100 times more painful than I could have anticipated. The emotions were really overwhelming. It took a few days, but eventually I was able to appreciate the fact that we were able to be together for the first time and we would be together again soon.

Going to the drive in movies… Scott came to visit in Utah last summer and we went to see a movie at the drive in theater. We took my dad’s pickup truck and laid a mattress in the back. It is a very simple memory, but it’s special to me.

Watching the sunset at the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy... We visited Italy this spring. The entire trip was amazing, but watching the sunset in front of the Trevi Fountain was very romantic. I can remember the evening in extreme detail.


There are hundreds of memories I cherish with Scott, but that’s all I’m going to go into now. I never expected to be in a long distance relationship, but it’s been an amazing 2 and a half years and I expect many more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment