Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trip Re-cap: Days 7, 8, 9 and 10. November 21-24, 2010

Day 7: We went to Downtown Disney to do some souvenir shopping for our families. We also went to Build-a-Bear and made ourselves little stuff friends. His was an orange T-Rex in a hula skirt and mine was a black teddy bear dressed like Woody. After some shopping, we went to the theater there and saw the first part of the 7th Harry Potter movie. Then we just went back to the hotel and went swimming and relaxed.

Day 8: Another last minute trip to Downtown Disney for a couple mroe souvenirs. We also had to go buy another suitcase to fit all the souvenirs in. Then we went back to the hotel and started packing up to go to Utah. We order chinese food and ate on the floor of our room. It was nice. :)

Day 9: Early this morning we flew back to good old Utah. We started the day by checking into our hotel and then headed up to Roy to meet my grandparents. They loved Scott, of course. Then we came back down to Salt Lake and went ice skating with my siblings. Scott had never been before. It was hilarious! We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. After that we went back to my parents house and had dinner and played cards with my family.

Day 10: This was our last day together. We had been getting more and more sad since about day 8. Even my family had noticed. But it was definitely the worst on this day. First thing we did was go meet Tyler. Scott and Tyler had talked on Skype a few times, so it was fun for them to meet. Then we went back to my parents house and cuddled on the couch watching a movie. My mom made an early dinner/late lunch for Scott and then it was time to take him to the airport. Saying goodbye was difficult. Scott made sure we weren't lingering too much becuase that would make it worse. He told me he loved me and that he would text me when he got checked in and through security. We hugged and kissed and he walked away. I forced myself into the truck with my mom and watched him walk in. I was crying of course. I could barely breathe. But I went home and watched movies and spent time with my family and it eventually past. He texted me throughout his trip home.

So that was our first visit together. It was amazing and fun and sad and difficult, but it's something I'll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. So when is date 2? Reading this was crazy familiar, going through all that with Dutch was incredibly hard but so very worth it. I'm so excited to see how your story will continue. Hope all is well, love you J.

    ReplyDelete